What is your recommendation for an air source heat pump?

M
Martin Dandeneau
Updated: Sept. 25, 2020

I have a 36' x 36' cottage style bungalow with 2 x 6 walls with spray foamed 9' walls, vaulted southern kitchen and living room with passive solar window design and 6' overhang on south& west walls. 1 1/2" R 7.5 styro on the outside of exterior walls as wekll as 4' pony wall crawl space. Electric forced air duct system with poorly integrated HRV system. 3 hrv wall vents, 2 bathroom exhaust fans and 1 kitchen exhaust fan. No a/c yet, and I would like to invest in an air to air heat pump. What do you recomend? I live in Hillside beach Manitoba....Thank you.

Responses (4)

M
Martin Dandeneau 3 years ago

Hello Mike, thank you for addressing this with me. I have been researching this for almost 2 years and I do get quite varying responces. In the world of Home building products, Home installers rarely have a dialogue with the home owner, after one question, the recomendation is set. Because most of us have never used or had the oppertunity to compare one besibe another...we asume lots. I now know that I only wish to "Supplement" my existing system. I am hoping to find an air to air heat pump that will tie into my existing duct work. It appears Mitsubishi Electric does not currently sell this product and I believe their heat pumps to be the best rated on the market today.  A heat pump rated to -15 C will be all I am looking for. What would you recommend and why?

M
Martin Dandeneau 3 years ago

I forgot to address the post about a mini split system.... I don't want to use a mini split.

Thanks again.