Engineered, prefabricated, Frost protected shallow foundation forms are a tried & tested way to build foundations that are quicker, easier, money-saving and that reduces the embodied carbon footprint of new construction
GEO-Slab Frost Protected Shallow Slab Foundation Foam ICF Forms by Legalett Canada
The Legalett GEO-Slab insulated slab-on-grade foundation forming system is designed & engineered for Frost Protected Shallow Foundations, with or without electric air radiant heat. With over 30 years experience, Legalett are the most popular choice for geofoam prefabricated slab on grade insulated forms with over 20 million sq ft of Legalett floor slabs installed worldwide.
The foundations are incorporated in the engineered & insulated structural concrete monolithic slab forms system – one assembly, one pour and ready for building on.
- GEO-Slab insulated Frost Protected Shallow Foundation forms float on a double layer of high-density rigid polystyrene foam for optimum insulation.
- They sit on a well-drained layer of crushed stone to insulate from soil humidity, to mitigate frost heave and remove the possibility of mold formation.
- The Slab-on-Grade design is engineered for optimal frost protection.
- Frost walls are not required - saving materials, time and money during construction while reducing the embodied carbon footprint of the building foundation.
- Contributes to energy efficiency
- Limited impact on the natural environment