Inspired by Europe. Designed for North America. Made in the U.S.
Alpen High Performance Products, creators of North America’s first commercially available fiberglass reinforced uPVC window with NFRC certified R-11+ performance, continues its legacy of innovation with the Tyrol Series of European-styled windows and doors. This new series combines best-in-class European styling and quality German hardware with the high performance, craftsmanship and short lead times you’ve come to expect from a product that is made in the United States. The Tyrol Series is a fiberglass reinforced polymer window and door system that doesn’t rely on steel for its strength. Instead, it is composed of a proprietary fiber composite material, known as RAU-FIPRO™, and is similar to composites employed in aeronautic construction and racing vehicles for outstanding strength and load capacities. In the hands of our experienced development partner, REHAU™, this unique uPVC frame design substantially improves thermal insulation and provides multiple chamber insulation options.
- European styling (including Tilt Turn / Hopper) and German hardware
- Made in the United States, with local support and servicing
- Shorter lead times and lower shipping costs than imported windows
- NFRC whole-window ratings up to R-11.1 (U-0.09)
- Passive House universally certified component (both PHIUS and PHI)–the first ever manufactured in North America!
- Full range of glazing options for maximum Energy Savings and Comfort
- Residential, Commercial and Multifamily applications
The Facts & Performance
- PHIUS and Passive House Institute Certified Component
- Uf=0.77W/m²·K (0.136 BTU/hr·°F·ft²)
- Meets stringent Passive House requirements for air infiltration resistance
- Fiberglass-reinforced profile allows for larger sizes without steel reinforcement
Glazing Package Options
Triple and Quadcore AlpenGlass™ Glazing Packages
- AlpenGlass Balanced – Well rounded, high performance solution for all climates
- AlpenGlass SolarControl – Extra protection against unwanted solar gain
- AlpenGlass HighGain – Maximum light and solar heat gain
- Contributes to energy efficiency
- Contributes to a healthy indoor environment
- Limited impact on the natural environment