Given that sustainability is the cornerstone of green construction, here is a training course designed for housing professionals. It will enable you to design, build and renovate high-performance homes in a sustainable way.
This training course is given in webinar format, live, at the scheduled date and time. Follow it from wherever you want, wherever you live! A detailed connection procedure will be sent to you by e-mail approximately one week before the training session.
Objectives and targets:
- Building site construction examples will be presented and analysed to provide participants with an understanding of construction practices that go beyond the miniumum standards of Building Code
- Learn how and where to apply these practices in specific projects
- Master the principles and techniques for designing residential buildings that last longer and avoid recalls
- Design buildings to withstand the greater challenges of a changing global climate
Who should attend:
The training course is aimed at housing professionals such as architects, technologists, engineers and general contractors who want to gear their day-to-day professional practice towards greater sustainability, efficiency and quality in the construction of high-efficiency homes in cold and moderate climates.
- Waterproofing openings: flashings and drip caps
- Properly sealing building envelopes: choosing and applying sealing techniques
- How to install windows properly: techniques to ensure optimum energy efficiency and durability
- Details of proper design and installation of rain screens
- Technical details for creating watertight roofs. Flat roofs, pitched roofs, flashings and roof/wall junction
- Surface drainage: proper grading, swales and other bulk water management design principles
- How to create a dry and mold-free basement
- Crawl spaces
- Wooden decks
- Interior moisture management and mold prevention
Emmanuel B. Cosgrove
Co-founder and General Director
With a Degree in Environmental Studies and International Development, Emmanuel brings over 20 years of hands-on experience in renovation and construction to his role as a passionate advocate for sustainable homes. As the visionary founder of Écohabitation and then Ecohome, he has dedicated himself to reshaping our approach to the built environment, striving to make it more sustainable, healthy, and energy-efficient while ensuring it remains durable, affordable, and accessible to all.
Emmanuel's expertise extends beyond advocacy, as he serves as a senior LEED® Canada for Homes evaluator, leading a team responsible for overseeing the LEED® certification process across Quebec for all building types. His multifaceted role also sees him as a dynamic speaker, trainer, manager, and strategic advisor, where he has built a reputation through his collaborations with diverse partners and organizations. His approach is characterized by integration, utilizing a range of reference tools and offering detailed solution paths for better construction, tailored to varying budgets.
Setting an inspiring example as an early adopter, Emmanuel achieved LEED® Platinum certification for a complete renovation of his own Montreal residence back in 2007. This was followed by making history with Ecohome by securing the first LEED® V4 Platinum certification in Canada (and second in the world) for the iconic Edelweiss house near Ottawa which was also awarded an Honourable mention in 2018 for the Inspiring Home Award. In recognition of his significant contributions to Green building, Emmanuel was honored to win the Canadian CAGBC Green Building Champion Award in 2016 and continues his quest to inspire better building with his training webinars.
100% satisfaction guaranteed
Experience Ecohome's training courses!
Ecohome is committed to offering high-quality, cutting-edge training in sustainable housing that is adapted to North America's climates and markets. All our training sessions are given by expert instructors with many years of experience in their respective fields. So you can be sure of a rewarding experience! You can also consult our satisfaction policy.