- A simple, compact design following rigorous standards with the help of energy modelling software.
- From the architect to the carpenters, all the players were on board from the very start.
- Regularly inspected by a third party.
- Built to take advantage of renewable energy sources like solar and geothermal.
- Super insulated and ultra airtight, it garnered top marks in airtightness with a whopping (0.1 ACH50).
- Equipped with a sophisticated air exchanger that recuperates heat from the outgoing air.
- Built simply with renewable, durable materials.
- Its energy costs are $702 annually — roughly 90% less than a new house built to code.
- It stays comfortable despite Quebec’s weather extremes.