Family-owned since 1945
Lindal Cedar Homes is a world leader in home design. In 1945, Sir Walter Lindal founded the company in Toronto, Ontario. Today, the Lindal family still own — and manage — the business from its headquarters in Seattle, WA. Over 50,000 modern and traditional post-and-beam Lindal homes have been built across North America and internationally. We work closely with a worldwide network of independent Lindal representatives. Our goal: To help clients design and build their dream homes.
Post and beam homes
Lindal Cedar Homes is the largest manufacturer of custom post-and-beam homes made of cedar and other quality materials. We help you design and build your home, using an efficient and predictable kit of premium materials that can be delivered worldwide. We can modify any of our floor plans and home styles to meet your budget, build site, and lifestyle needs. Work with a local Lindal representative in your area to design and build your beautiful Lindal home.
The Lindal promise: A lifetime structural warranty
Our homes combine one-of-a-kind style, our home design expertise, patented building methods and relentless quality control. Designing and building a new home is one of the biggest investments of your lifetime. We back every Lindal house with a lifetime structural warranty to the home’s original owner, so you can move forward with confidence.
Modify your home design to suit your lifestyle
Why are there are as many different Lindal homes as there are Lindal homeowners? Because we give you the flexibility to modify any of our home plans, or create your own unique custom home design. Take a look at our Home Styles and Floor Plans. Choose from modern originals, classic retreats, architect-designed show-stoppers or traditional farmhouses, in just about any size you like.
Pick a location — any location. You can build a Lindal virtually anywhere in the world — whether it’s a tropical island, an alpine mountain, a small city lot, or somewhere in between.
Environmental mission and strategy (ESG)
Green from the Ground Up!
- Our company has more than 75 years experience designing and delivering green modern prefab homes for many types of environments.
- We are committed to using a plentiful, renewable resource from younger timber stands.
- In nearly 20 years, we have planted over 100,000 trees in the names of our customers in partnership with the American Forests Global ReLeaf program.
- Our manufacturing process optimizes the use of material in the factory and greatly reduces on-site waste.
- Lindal has a history of innovation in material planning, we are the recipient of 18 building technology patents, and we maintain an ongoing research and development process.