The mission of BioCité
- Bring simple and effective solutions for Montrealers:
- Promote local, healthy, living and organic food
- Make our personal and community living spaces more healthy and harmonious
- Establish lasting social bonds in our communities
- Promote sustainable development with urban agriculture and our ecological methods
Environmental mission and strategy (ESG)
Our works are designed to take care of people who live there, offering them food and tranquility, while taking care of the earth we inhabit. One of our proudest achievements is that, in our gardens, these two objectives are essentially the same !
Respect nature and it will give us much in return. That is why we always encourage methods such as biodiversity, the reconstruction of a living soil, mulching and composting. These methods, which are essential to a resilient garden, productive and independent, are also fundamentally ecological : they provide habitats for beneficial wildlife, avoiding additions of chemical fertilizers and pesticides and saving water.
We make sure that in your yard, the needs of human and nature meet in harmony. Thus, while growing your own fruits and vegetables, you are helping to create a sustainable future for the planet!