Zero Carbon CMU blocks made from bio-concrete
Algae-based CMU block for concrete masonry unit wall construction.
Prometheus Materials’ zero-carbon building products are manufactured using naturally occurring microalgae. Using a patent-pending photosynthetic biocementation process, Prometheus Materials combines microalgae with water, sunlight, and CO2 to create a bio-cement similar to the material that coral uses to build reefs and oysters use to generate their shells. When mixed with aggregate, this bio-cement creates a zero-carbon building material with mechanical, physical, and thermal properties comparable or superior to portland cement-based concrete.
- Contributes to a healthy indoor environment
- Derived from natural materials
- Contains recycled materials
- Long lifespan
- Limited impact on the natural environment
- Developed with reduced environmental impact
- Produced with clean / renewable energy