Our wood decking products are the perfect solution for beautiful, durable decks.
A great product for all decking needs, including all marine applications. Its improved weather resistance and improved dimensional stability make heat treated wood a great product for marine applications or other decking needs close to water, such as pools and waterfront, beachfront or any other property that has humidity issues.
Our lumber is only heated and steamed in the manufacturing process, which means our products are ideal for a beautiful long-lasting deck anywhere in any conditions!
ThermalWood Canada prides itself for being a leader in the thermal modification manufacturing of wood products. Our in-house thermal modification process has been studied for many years, yet is simple at the base.
Using our specially designed kiln, the wood is heated at a precise temperature, essentially cooking the lumber. This process changes the characteristics of the wood. Notable advantages include:
- Improved dimensional stability
- Eliminates the risk of decay and damage caused by insects
- The high heat chemically transforms sugars in the wood. This makes the wood unattractive to potentially harmful insects, and acts as a barrier against decay caused by humidity and other water damage.
- This makes it a great choice for outdoor or indoor uses where high humidity is present.
- Uniform darker coloration throughout the thickness of the lumber
- The fact that there are no chemicals added during the process allows the company to offer the consumer a green alternative solution in a diversified market.
- Derived from natural materials
- Long lifespan