Continuous air barrier and vapor protection membrane with advanced moisture management.
Certainteed Membrain's increased permeability lets moisture escape from walls when humidity is high, helping to keep walls dry.
- Continuous indoor air barrier* creates a better performing building envelope.
- Dynamic performance and permeance rating compared to traditional kraft insulation or polyethylene sheeting.
- Senses and adapts permeance to varying humidity throughout the year to keep the cavity dry.
- When installed with standard tape and sealing practices, creates an air barrier that has been tested under stringent performance guidelines.
*For more information view the full MemBrain Air Barrier Instructions.
Where to Use MemBrain
Vapor retarders are required by code in zones 4C and above. However, MemBrain is ideal for any area where the home cools in the summer and heats in the winter.
Ceilings Crawlspaces Basements Bathrooms Laundry Rooms Kitchens Exterior Walls
- Contributes to energy efficiency
- Vapor Barrier & Vapor Retarder
- Related Searches