Do you have building partners in BC?

J
Jami Cruz
Updated: Sept. 11, 2020

Very interested in your prefabs on slab. We would prefer to be off grid as the cost of grid power on our site is expensive. We also need a water collection system as our water is not good for consumption. I was looking at the earthship model, however, I was never sold on the heating concept for our northern climate (your article made my suspicions concrete). Is a prefab from ecohome even a reasonable thought when we are so far away?  Sincerely;  Jami

Responses (3)

Jami Cruz
Jami Cruz 4 years ago
Mike Reynolds 3 years ago

We don't have in-house architects unfortunately that would be able to do this for you. If you like the shape and general layout of the Edelweiss House, I would suggest you seek out a few local architects that may have some high-end sustainable and resilient homes under their belts and use the Edelweiss House as an example of what you are looking for in terms of design. Just a tip as well - if you already have a good idea of what you 'e looking for, you may want to look for architectural technologists, they can draw up building plans for you (most I think  will provide design advice as well) but that will be a lot more affordable.