Renewable power sources / Guides

Off-grid and Net-Zero Housing

A Toronto Off-grid home 20 years later; how did it fare? How could it be optimized?

...sources of water). 75% of the total energy would be provided by the sun (passive heating and photovoltaic power generation). The remaining 25% of required energy would be provided via a gasoline-powered generator. Collecting and purifying rainwater The most crucial prerequisite to designing a successful auton...