STEICO develops, produces and markets ecological construction products made of renewable raw materials.
STEICO is positioned as a system provider for ecological residential construction and is the only manufacturer in the industry to offer an integrated wooden construction system in which insulation material and construction components supplement each other.
These include flexible and stable wood fiber insulation panels, composite thermal insulation systems, insulation panels with a reinforcing effect, as well as cavity wall insulation made of wood fibers and cellulose. The construction elements comprise I-joists and laminated veneer lumber. In addition, the STEICO group also produces hardboards (Natural Fibre Boards) and operates in the wood trade.
The Munich-based company’s products are used in new construction and when renovating roofs, walls, ceilings, floors and facades. STEICO’s products allow the construction of future-proof, healthy buildings with a particularly high quality of living and a healthy atmosphere. STEICO’s products offer reliable protection against cold, heat and also noise, and they permanently improve the building’s energy efficiency.
The STEICO construction system has received the recognised Passive House certification.
STEICO was the first manufacturer to have their entire range of wood fibre insulation materials certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council). Thus the products are environmentally certified from the forest to the building site.
Flexible thermal insulation from wood
Wood fibre insulation batt produced with ongoing quality supervision. STEICO uses wood from sustainably managed forests, certified according to the strict guidelines of the FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council).
Areas of application: Flexible cavity insulation in roof, dry wall and floor constructions Cavity insulation for partition walls, dry external walls and service zones
- Lowest thermal conductivity of any wood based flexible insulation products
- New fibre structure improves robustness and workability
- Friction fits to adjoining components
- Easy handling and classified as non-irritant to skin
- Excellent insulation properties in winter and summer
- Water vapour open for a healthy room environment
- Provides a green architectural solution
- Ecological and environmentally-friendly, fully recycleable
Sarking and sheathing boards
Made from natural wood fibres, STEICOuniversal is for both pitched roof and wall constructions. STEICOuniversal is designed for sheathing timber frame wall panels with stud framing not less than 38 mm in width and at maximum 600 mm centres. The boards can resist weather exposure without deterioration during construction or if cladding is delayed.
- High Compression Strength
- High summer heat protection
- Excellent insulation qualitites, prevents thermal bridging
- Enhanced water vapour transfer
- Water vapour open, suitable for warm roof constructions
- Water resistant due to the tongue and groove profile. No need to tape the joints for pitches over 18°
- May be exposed and used as temporary protection for up to 4 weeks
- Efective protection against wind, dust, moisture and sound
- Contributes to a healthier internal climate
- Ecologically and environmentally friendly, recyclable
- Manufactured from woodfibre and FSC certified