S1600 / Discussions

Is the S1600 Ecohome prefab kit house available in Collingwood, Ontario?

...S1600 as well as a few of our other Prefab kit houses (see models here) are available in Ontario. Were you looking to build this year? We do have a few more tha...

Posted by Barbara Puckering June 6, 2021, 11:09 a.m. Architecture and plan design 1 Responses

Protection from Insects for Legalett Geo-passive super insulated slab on grade?

...s1600 for where I am here in Nova Scotia. But one concern I have about the Legalett slab is the possibility of insects, especially termites and/or carpenter a...

Posted by James Burns April 30, 2020, 11:11 a.m. Slab on Grade 0 Responses

Should I use Tesla Solar Tiles instead of mounted solar panels?

Is it feasible to encorporate Tesla Tiles on my EcoHome S1600? Additionally, is the there a discount for providing a roof from a another company? The orienta...

Posted by Philip Benson March 10, 2021, 10:07 p.m. Solar photovoltaic 1 Responses

how do I get a free quote for the EcoHabitat S 1600 for Ontario?

...S1600 , you will see a tab to request a quote. I know that demand is pretty high at the moment, how soon were you looking to build?

Posted by sheila miller July 10, 2020, 10:12 a.m. Architecture and plan design 1 Responses

When using larsen trussees, what is the maximum spacing between TJIs

...S1600 prefab kit home has offset studs and 15 inch deep cavities. My concern with doing 4 foot spacing would be that it might be difficult to have a solid and...

Posted by steve outlet March 6, 2020, 12:39 a.m. Wall assemblies - renovation 3 Responses

What size of lot is needed for the Eco habitat 1600?

...S1600 LEED Platimum prefab kit house is delivered in panels and parts that are assembled on site , so size-wise it wouldn’t be any different that building from ...

Posted by Andrew Wallace July 21, 2020, 9:59 p.m. Architecture and plan design 1 Responses

Are there any updates on the progress of the second demonstration house?

...S1600 Prefab Eco Home is affordably Close There have been Legalett air-heated floors across Canada and the U.S. since the mid-70s, and even longer in Sweden w...

Posted by dean c April 30, 2019, 7:58 p.m. Solar thermal collectors 2 Responses

Can you do an update on Ecohome’s new demo house?

...S1600 Eco-Habitat prefab kit house that the slab was made for is now finished, all except the solar panels unfortunately! We hope to have everything completed a...

Posted by dean c Oct. 16, 2019, 2:04 a.m. Concept and design 1 Responses

How do you create a slab on grade on a slope?

...s1600 test prefab eco home super-insulated slab on grade which was also on problem soil with clay. Being able to "float" the foundation and slab over the slopin...

Posted by Adrienne Rayna June 30, 2020, 3:58 p.m. New foundations and slab-on-grade 3 Responses

Where can I get steel cladding like on your prefab house?

...S1600 prefab kit house is manufactured in Quebec , so if you're nearby then we may be able to help you out. Otherwise I would propose you try a google search wi...

Posted by Flower Lunn March 1, 2020, 2:27 p.m. Walls and Roofs 2 Responses

Is there a 1500 sq ft eco-type home for Oro Medonte area in Ontario?.

...S1600 kit house model that is a little bigger than the 1200 you were looking for, but on the get a quote page you’ll a box to tick off about size. We have so mu...

Posted by Sean H March 17, 2021, 10:12 p.m. Architecture and plan design 2 Responses

What type of framing is best to reduce CO2 emissions in a single family home?

...S1600 Prefab Eco Home is affordably Close Engineered lumber will usually make use of wood that may otherwise be wasted, so that is always a great idea. And fu...

Posted by Rachel Rodd Sept. 28, 2020, 3:04 p.m. Wood and organic materials 1 Responses

Is there a 1200 sq ft Prefab Eco home for Ontario?

...S1600 kit house model that is a little bigger than the 1200 you were looking for, but on the get a quote page you’ll a box to tick off about size. We have so mu...

Posted by Anne Stevens March 17, 2021, 8:52 a.m. Architecture and plan design 3 Responses

Is there an update on your demo house solar air heater?

Have you collected enough data since completing the latest demo home with the pre fab house on a Legalett air heated slab foundation to do an analysis of its e...

Posted by dean c Oct. 24, 2020, 2 p.m. Concept and design 1 Responses

What is the perfect wall assembly?

...S1600 LEED Platinum Prefab kit house . As for how to mount exterior rigid insulation, there are ways that employ more expensive materials, but save a lot of t...

Posted by Paul Drouin Sept. 17, 2020, 6:29 a.m. Wall assemblies - new construction 1 Responses