Established more than 30 years ago, the Husby Group consistently provides the business intelligence, quality assurance, and principled guidance essential to parent an aggressive forest products group. The Husby Group is the largest privately held full-service forest management company in Canada. The group directly employs and contracts more than 250 individuals who have earned excellent reputations for delivering on their promises.
Husby Forest Products specializes in a wide range of services including Strategic Planning, Forestry, Logging, Lumber Production, Custom Cutting, Stewardship and Environmental Monitoring with a focus on the coastal forest region of British Columbia.
Husby is keenly attuned to the complex economic and environmental demands of timber harvesting on the Queen Charlotte Islands / Haida Gwaii. As a result, they have prospered and earned recognition for innovative logging concepts and fish & wildlife protection.
The commitment of Husby Forest Products to investing in the future forests is a matter of record with the implementation of ongoing progressive reforestation and silviculture programs, forest inventory, landslide rehabilitation, stream restoration, and wildlife habitat inventories.
Environmental mission and strategy (ESG)
Husby Forest Products Ltd. (Husby) recognizes environmental management as the highest corporate priority and as a key determinant to sustainable development.
It is our corporate goal to establish policies, programs, and practices for conducting operations in an environmentally sound manner.
Husby is committed to:
- Conducting business in a manner that ensures long-term productivity and the conservation of forest resources.
- Promoting sustainable forest management practices that are economically and environmentally responsible.
- Protecting the health of forests, their productivity and those lands of special significance.
- Preventing pollution and striving for continual improvement of our corporate policies, programs and environmental performance, while taking into account technical developments, scientific understanding, consumer needs and social expectations.
- Regularly reviewing our practices and procedures to monitor, report and communicate our environmental performance both internally and to the public.
- Allocating sufficient funds to ensure all applicable environmental regulations are met or surpassed.
- Educating, training and motivating employees to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible manner.