Dick's Lumber

Dick's Lumber has been providing Lumber and Building Materials to its customers throughout British Columbia and the World for more than 50 Years

About

In 1964, Dick Alexander and his wife, Delma, opened Dick’s Lumber on a one-acre site at 1050 Boundary Road in Burnaby, BC. By 1968, Dick’s had outgrown its Boundary Road location and moved to its present site at 2580 Gilmore Avenue in Burnaby. Today, this 13-acre site serves as Dick’s Lumber’s corporate headquarters, as well as the company’s largest lumberyard.

A second location was opened on a seven-acre site in Surrey, BC at 12433 – 80th Avenue in the mid-1980s. Dick’s Lumber opened a third location in 2003 on a two-acre site in North Vancouver at 160 Hanes Avenue. Through the years, Dick’s children and grandchildren joined the company and helped grow the business. Unfortunately, in 2005, Dick Alexander passed away and two years later the Alexander family made the decision to sell the business to Rona.

Shortly after that, Curtis Lumber joined forces with Dick’s Lumber, growing the business even more – including a Truss Plant and Door Shop. A distribution facility was added in 2015 and then in 2018, the business expanded its physical footprint to Alberta. Branches were added in Calgary and Edmonton, as well as a Truss Plant in Crossfield.

Through the Rona acquisition and eventual transition to the Lowe’s Canada group of companies, Dick’s Lumber has carried on operating as a separate entity with a head office in Burnaby, BC. Dick’s Lumber continues to offer exceptional customer service, high-quality products and competitive prices to customers throughout British Columbia, Alberta and beyond.