Fab-Form's mission is to accelerate the transition to sustainable foundations for building structures. Our foundation products include Fastfoot Concrete Footing Forms, Fast-tube Concrete Column Forms and Fab-Form Monopour Panelized Foundation System, as well as distributing ICF blocks and manufacturing and distributing the Zont bracing system for ICF construction.
Environmental mission and strategy (ESG)
Since 1986 Fab-Form has invented, developed and commercialized foundation products that are greener and more sustainable for the building industry. Each product is cost effective and uses less embodied energy in their production.
- In 1986, Fab-Form developed the fabric-based Fastfoot footing form, which replaced bulky dimensional lumber with light weight polyethylene.
- In 1999 Fab-Form developed the fabric-based Fast-Pad, which was used to seismically upgrade schools and homes damaged after the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake in Northern California.
- In 2002, Fab-Form introduced the fabric-based Fast-Tube, the world's first column form manufactured entirely of a lightweight polyethylene fabric. Placing 100' of column form behind the contractor's seat was revolutionary.
- In 2010, Fab-Form introduced the Zont bracing system for insulated concrete forms. Traditional ICF braces are heavy and cumbersome - the Zont brace weigh and costs about 10% of conventional.
- In 2011, Fab-Form introduced the ICF Monopour System for insulated concrete forms. This product made ICFs far more sustainable and economic as a single concrete pour could complete the footing and foundation wall.
- In 2017, Fab-Form is introducing three new products:
- ZAT catwalk bracket: an accessory to the Zont bracing system, this simplifies the construction of the walkway for foundations;
- Fast-Tube improved: the fabric is woven specifically for the Fast-Tube: less stretching, stronger and clear (so that the filling of concrete can be seen) UPC labeling has been completed so that the product can be distributed to big box construction supply houses.
- MP Manufacturing: the manufacturing of the ICF monopour system is being rationalized. Fab-Form intends to franchise this to truss manufacturers.