Green up your home and save money
Assess building problems and find ecological solutions to improve the health, performance and durability of your home.
|Regular Price||Member Price|
|See details below||See details below|
Some of our workshops do not have scheduled dates;
if you are interested in a course that is not currently scheduled, please feel free to contact us so we can inform you when a date is set.
Purpose of this course:
Assessing the durability and energy performance of existing homes can help determine their true value. This workshop will offer participants a working knowledge of building science basics to better assess potential problems in homes, plan cost effective energy efficiency upgrades, and determine the lifespan and maintenance that can be expected from an existing home.
Homeowners, homebuyers, builders, real estate agents. No building experience is necessary.
- The principles of sustainable building
- Problems caused by building envelope failures
- Controlling moisture movement through walls
- Dispelling the myths surrounding air barriers and vapour barriers
- Flexible design: make future changes easier
- Cost effective energy efficiency upgrades with the best return on investment
- Solar, geothermal & wind energy
- Insulation: review of materials and their applications
- Windows: when to replace them and what to look for
- Home lighting: efficiency and quality of life
- Healthy finishing: protecting indoor air quality