Strategies for Making Green Buildings Financially Successful, Ottawa Ontario
Learn how sustainable building practices are not only environmentally responsible, but financially viable as well.
This one-day workshop is a detailed examination of how to build financially viable deep green buildings. It describes how to build a business case for building green as well as manage green building cost premiums.
- Identify cost premiums associated with building green, as well as the many benefits
- Describe how defining clear design objectives, using integrated design, and employing experienced contractors can mitigate cost premiums
- List potential sources of subsidies, incentives and grants for green building projects
- Identify how life cycle costing can change how costs are perceived
- Identify alternative finance mechanisms, such as green mortgages, green loans, and investments by Energy Services Companies
For more information, please visit the Ottawa Chapter event page