Livable Cities Forum: Building Resilient Communities
the Livable Cities Forum will explore how to build healthy, sustainable, and economically resilient communities.
Learn from experts by attending your choice of high caliber plenaries, panel discussions, presentations, and workshops.
Explore the City of Vancouver through local study-tours and see how the City’s bold initiative, Greenest City 2020, addresses environmental challenges, supports the local economy, and fosters healthier people and places.
Connect with leaders and innovators from across North America to discuss the importance of preparing for climate change at the local level.
The LCF2014 Program will explore building resilient communities through six themes:
• Preparing – accessing scientific information and anticipating the new normal
• Responding – recovering, restructuring, and rebuilding after the storm
• Mainstreaming – connecting ideas and integrating resilience into the everyday
• Placemaking – promoting vibrant, healthy, and inclusive neighbourhoods to enhance resilience
• Measuring – assessing risk, improving processes, and evaluating success
• Politicking – using political leadership to strengthen local resilience *exclusively for elected officials