How heat pumps work - video
Heat pumps can heat a house three times more efficiently than other forms of heat. When paired with a heat pump water heater you can significantly drop the cost of heat and hot water in a home.
Mr. Slim mini-split air source heat pump© Ecohome
The Edelweiss House has a radiant floor to keep our feet comfortable but we rely on a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim ductless mini-split air source heat pump to heat the air of the house. This gives us air that is heated on average three times more efficiently (and three times cheaper) than had we relied on electric resistance heat in the form of baseboard heaters or our radiant floor boiler.
We also have an air-to-water hybrid electric heat pump water heater that borrows that efficiency and significantly cuts the energy required to meet our domestic hot water needs.
- The benefits of coupling air source and water heater heat pumps
- Comparing ground source (geothermal) and air source heat pumps
- Mitsubishi Mr. Slim Ductless heat pump
- Hybrid electric heat pump water heater
- Video building guide main page